Two pass design eliminates refractory baffles between flue gas passes. Efficiencies are equal to 3 and 4 pass boilers in many cases.The all new Hurst 250 Series Boiler has been designed and developed specifically for the International Market, and engineered to fit easily in a 40 ft shipping container. The advanced computer modeled design enables Hurst to provide a full wet-back scotch marine boiler with a larger furnace, and a lesser amount of technically enhanced tubes.
The improved two-pass design that eliminates refractory baffles between flue gas passes, offers performance equal to 3 and 4 pass boilers in many cases. This improves the efficiency of the boiler by up to 2%, as well as providing lower NOx levels. Additionally, shipping costs can be reduced as much as 2-10x previous cost, saving thousands of dollars.
Available in Steam or Hot Water Versions/15 - 800 HP, Pressures to 300 psig
- Proven design,
- Easy access to internals of boiler
- Confined space entry not required for most maintenance activities
- Simple construction
- Increased reliability due to semi wet back design
Get a quote
- Boiler is of the two-pass, scotch type, built and stamped in accordance with the requirements of the ASME Code, and listed by the National Board of Boilers and Pressure Vessel Inspectors.
- Large combustion chamber with low heat release for complete combustion.
Smoke box is front-mounted with slip-on stack connector.
- Access to fireside is accomplished with davited rear door and with split front doors. Flame observation ports are on front and rear.
- Openings for cleanout inspection of waterside are provided with 3″ x 4″ hand holes, and with 12″ x 16″ manholes (80 HP up).
- Insulated with 2″ high-density mineral wool, lagged with 22 gauge grip jacketing, baked on epoxy enamel to resist chipping and fading.
- Fire tubes are rolled and beaded on power boilers, expanded and flared on low pressure boilers (2″ dia. through 30 HP, 2 1/2″ dia. 40 HP and up).
- Supports include lifting lugs securely welded to the top of shell; structural steel support legs on skids support the boiler so that special foundations are not required.